Sunday, February 12, 2006

why

is blogspot so much more complicated than livejournal?

there is so much more bullshit going on. you get weirdos (with names like The Guru) leaving comments. politics and flame wars and shit-slinging.

freedom of speech is abused.

i have always enjoyed healthy interaction on my livejournal, and i have yet to screen or delete any comments there since the birth of my first entry. true, there are strange people there too but none have posted anything truly distasteful.

i was an editor, and will always be one at heart. blame my roots, but i do not appreciate having my publications stained with crass remarks. as much as i approve of freedom of anything, this is my thinking space and i would like to keep it clean. clean content, clean comments.

autocracy? no freedom of speech?

well, if someone comes into your house and takes a dump on your floor, will you throw this asshat out? will you also leave the shit on the floor, or will you clean it up and move on?

this blog is not written for an audience. i am not aiming for hits on my counter or ads. it is a collection of my thoughts, though anyone is welcome to read and share. i don't enjoy flame wars online, flame me face to face if you want. flame me here, and i will simply throw the shit out and disinfect the area. no biggie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael McClung said...

god for you. It IS your house. you don't gotta put up with shit if you don't want to.

8:47 PM  
Blogger valkyrie said...

yeh, i don't like the way it smells too. :)

11:58 PM  
Blogger knobby said...

i was an editor

What do you now?

BTW, in case you're wondering where this new weirdo came from, I surfed on in from here.

Told you I'd be commenting :) More later, before you think I really am some kinda weirdo.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home